Isn’t it amazing how much we love lists – we use them all the time for everything from simple shopping to planning for holidays and Christmas. There is now a plethora of books of lists allowing us to make the most of life’s rich experiences: 1001 Places to see before you die; 100 Best restaurants in the world; 10 Best films and the joy of these lists is to tick off the one you’ve accomplished and plan the next ones.
Kenwood, the kitchen appliance manufacturer has just produce a booklet of the ’50 Ultimate Food Experiences’ ranging from baking chocolate cake with your children to eating at Chez Panisse, chef Alice Waters legendary Californian restaurant. I managed 22 out of 50 so some way to go….. But the list got me thinking about the wonderful Avery Crest chalets in Meribel and what of all the lovely things about them, I would have as my ultimate ‘luxury list’…….
Chalet Trois Ours – Top 5 Luxuries
1. Drinking chilled champagne in the hot tub with views of the mountains
2. Relaxing in the cinema room with surround sound watching the latest DVD release
3. Feeling virtuous working out in the gym, after a day on the ski slopes (meaning I could really enjoy the delicious dinner later!)
4. Enjoying a relaxing massage in the Treatment Room
5. Getting on the slopes first thing in the morning as the chalet is one of the few true ski-in/ski-out chalets in the resort
Chalet du Vallon – Top 5 Luxuries
1. Enjoying the stunning view of the Meribel Valley from the balcony
2. Relaxing in the comfy sofas in front of the open fire with a lovely glass of red wine
3. Tasting the amazing bread & croissants from the Village des Pains in Meribel Village – the best bakery in France !
4. Enjoy the best night’s sleep ever in the amazingly comfortable beds
5. Coming back to a sumptuous afternoon tea – especially Lucy’s sour cream & blueberry cake