Meribel Restaurants and Bars
There is a wide range of restaurants, bars and cafés to keep you well fed and watered in Méribel and the neighbouring valleys and you can find everything from sandwich bars and pizzerias to fine dining and Michelin star restaurants both on and off the mountain.
A really good meal out can be dependent on so many factors – the company, the weather, the service but the following restaurants are all favourites for different reasons.
Please note this list is not exhaustive and we attempt to keep this updated as we get feedback from clients. If you want to book particular restaurants either for lunch or dinner or are looking for somewhere special to celebrate an occasion, do let us know so we can reserve your table in advance for you. Dinner is served in your chalet 6 of your 7 nights in resort and we will be happy to advise on options for your night out and to make your table reservation.
- L’Adray Telebar – a great choice either for lunch or dinner. Specialities include veal in cream & mushroom sauce and grilled lamb. Fantastic chips ! Warm atmosphere with log fire and in spring a lovely sunny terrace. This is a great lunch spot and a really lovely place to come for dinner when the cosy sitting room and rustic dining room really come into their own. The restaurant is ski-in /ski-out as it is on the slopes but accessible at night by the restaurant’s own snow-mobile (or it is a short walk across the piste from Chalet Trois Ours). Telephone: 0479086026
- Le Blanchot – a Méribel institution, offering superior gastronomy in beautiful surroundings. Located on the road to the Altiport, you can ski or drive here for lunch, and on sunny days you can enjoy spectacular views from the dining terrace. At night the setting is even more fairytale, the lights of the chalet romantically twinkling in the forest. In the evening Le Blanchot offers both a Savoyard menu of local specialities as well as more gourmet options. Telephone: 0479005578
- Le Plantin – located on the road between Meribel and La Tania, this restaurant has an excellent reputation. The renovated old barn is a beautiful building and the restaurant is stylishly decorated. It offers a minibus pick-up/drop-off service although when the snow is good you can ski there for lunch. Telephone: 0479041211
- Les Crêtes – a great mountain restaurant at the top of Tougnete. A cosy wooden cabin inside and a great sun terrace outside. Serves a great value plat du jour and a reasonably priced house wine. Telephone: 0609405104
- Le Refuge – in the centre of town with a pizzeria downstairs and a slightly smarter restaurant upstairs, this family run business has been a Méribel institution for over 25 years. Very popular with families on chalet night off so you will need to book. Telephone: 0479086197
- La Fromagerie – upstairs is the most fantastic cheese shop and downstairs is the restaurant specialising in fondues and raclettes. Friendly, reasonably priced & delicious food but you do need to like cheese ! Choose a combination of raclette and fondue with a green salad to get a fantastic taste of Savoie food and the local wines compliment the richness of the cheese perfectly. Telephone: 0479085548
- Chez Kiki – if you like steak then this is the place to come! Chef Kiki has been cooking his speciality of Côte du Boeuf over an open fire for over 20 years. The restaurant also serves a delicious hot foie gras starter which I can highly recommend. A great wine list and a great experience. Telephone: 0479086668
- Hotel Le Grand Coeur – although a hotel restaurant lacks quite the same atmosphere, the food here is delicious and the service is excellent. Arrive early and enjoy an aperitif in the lovely piano bar by the blazing log fire. Telephone: 0479086003
- Le Bo’a Mil – a great restaurant in a converted farm building in the centre of Meribel Village (a stone’s throw from Chalet du Vallon). Great food with Savoyard specialities. We had lots of clients who ate here last season and all gave excellent reviews. Telephone: 0479007548
- Face West – a great lunch stop with good, reasonably priced food and friendly, efficient service. This is not gourmet dining but the menu offers some great options and everything here is well cooked, well presented and well priced. The homemade burgers are excellent! Large sunny terrace as well as indoor seating so great whatever the weather. Always has a great value plat du jour. Telephone: 0479000594
- Oxalys – the highest 2* Michelin restaurant in the world at 2,300 m altitude. Chef Jean Sulpice continues to delight both diners and food critics alike. Booking is essential and this is worthy of a long lunch stop so time your reservation well to give plenty of time for skiing back to the Meribel Valley. Telephone: 0479001200
- Chalet de la Marine – situated at the top of the Cascades chairlift, there is a choice of the main restaurant or a self-service. Good food and a great atmosphere with a DJ playing on the terrace in the afternoons. Telephone: 0479000186
St Martin de Belleville
- La Bouitte – this exceptional, Michelin star restaurant is run by father & son, René and Maxime Meilleur. Situated in the lovely hamlet of St Marcel close to St Martin de Belleville, this is a foodie must visit. Telephone: 0479089603
- La Voute – situated behind the church in St Martin, this is a family favourite. Great food and a lovely warm welcome. Telephone: 0479089148
- Le Montagnard – this restaurant in a renovated barn above the old village of St Martin always gets rave reviews. Rustic, warm and friendly but serving exceptional food make Le Montagnard a “must go” restaurant. Telephone: 0479010840
- Le Cap Horn – an iconic restaurant above the Altiport in Courchevel. High prices and a big reputation – definitely for special occasions. Massive sunny terrace and the place to be seen. Telephone: 0479001790
- Le Tremplin – situated in the centre of Courchevel, close to La Croisette, this renowned restaurant serves excellent food and specialises in seafood. Telephone: 0479080619
- Le Pilatus – situated next to the Altiport in Courchevel 1850, this lovely restaurant serves Savayard specialities and has a great reputation. Telephone: 0479082049
- La Soucoupe – great mountain restaurant with a choice of self-service or table service. Situated at the top of the Crêtes chair, this is a great lunch spot. Booking is essential. Telephone: 0479082134
- Le Bel Air – a lovely mountain restaurant above Courchevel 1650 with a sunny, tiered terrace. Great omelettes & salads and usually a very good value plat du jour. Gets very busy on sunny days so you definitely need to book. Telephone: 0479080093
- Le Farҫon – this hidden gem in La Tania got fantastic reviews from everyone who stayed with us last year. The restaurant has a Michelin star but as well as the à la carte, it does a great value lunch menu (last winter it was 28 euros) – inventive and delicious and won’t break the bank. As with most of the restaurants that we have mentioned here, you do need to book. Telephone: 0479088034
Meribel Bars and Apres Ski
Meribel also has a wide selection of bars – something to cater for all tastes and occasions, so here are just a few of our favourites
- Looking for somewhere quiet and a little more sophisticated …… head for the tiny wine bar Le Saint Amour. Situated at the top end of the main street just past the cinema, this lovely bar has a fabulous selection of wine, a friendly owner and is the perfect spot for a quiet drink. Or head up to the piano bar in the Grand Coeur Hotel where you can enjoy an excellent G&T sitting by the blazing fire. They also offer a fantastic afternoon tea. For a really French feel go to Le Poste where they serve great mojitos and usually have an ice bar and DJ
- Looking for somewhere to watch the match …… most of Meribel’s bars will show big sporting events but the best place to enjoy watching a match is Bar Fifty-50 where Matt & Elizabeth will welcome you and keep you updated with the scores. Alternatively go to Barometer where the sport is shown in the large comfortable bar that is right in the centre of the resort. There’s also a pool table to keep you occupied during half-time.
- Looking for a lively bar …… La Taverne in the centre of Meribel and Lodge du Village in Meribel Village are both popular, lively bars with a good selection of beers and live music
Guide: Off the Slopes